question

capricornum avatar image
capricornum asked

How to get groupName from Group EntityKey

Hello,

within the Unity SKD I am using ListMembershipOpportunities on my title_player entity. It returns a list of EntityKeys of type Group that my player has been invited to.

How do I get the groupName of a group when I have its entity key? I couldn't find the answer within the documentation.

Thank you.

unity3dsdksentities
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

To get a group name from group entity key, you could use PlayFab.PlayFabGroupsAPI.GetGroup function in Unity. For more information, you could refer to this document: Groups - Get Group

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

capricornum avatar image capricornum commented ·

Thank you. I was hoping that the group name was already accessible when calling ListMembershipOpportunities but it seems that is not the case. Using GetGroup for every open invitation seems a little expensive to me in terms of API calls. So I settled with displaying the Group Id only.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.