question

Elias Ramirez Mateo avatar image
Elias Ramirez Mateo asked

MatchmakingUnauthorized error,MatchmakingUnauthorized error when joining matchmaking ticket

I’m getting this error when trying to join a matchmaking ticket and I can’t find what it means.

"code":403,"status":"Forbidden","error":"MatchmakingUnauthorized","errorCode":2056,"errorMessage":"The specified user is not allowed to join the ticket."

I’m getting this error when trying to join a matchmaking ticket.

"code":403,"status":"Forbidden","error":"MatchmakingUnauthorized","errorCode":2056,"errorMessage":"The specified user is not allowed to join the ticket."

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

As this documentation Matchmaking quickstart, especially this section said the ticket creator should specify the MembersToMatchWith. If a player that isn’t specified in the MembersToMatchWith tries to join the ticket, the player would receive this 2056 error. If you want to create a matchmaking ticket for multiple users, the request body of CreateMatchmakingTicket should be something like this.

{
    "Creator": {
        "Entity": {
            "Id": "{CreatorTitleEntityId}",
            "Type": "title_player_account"
        }
    },
    "MembersToMatchWith": [
        {
            "Id": "[MemberTitleEntityId]",
            "Type": "title_player_account"
        }
    ],
    "GiveUpAfterSeconds": 100,
    "QueueName": "[QueueName]"
}

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Elias Ramirez Mateo avatar image Elias Ramirez Mateo commented ·

I fixed it, the problem was the Join Matchmaking was being called on the party leader instead of the members.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Elias Ramirez Mateo commented ·

Thanks for sharing.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.