question

subsoap avatar image
subsoap asked

PayPal Transaction ID

Apparently the PayPal transaction ID is supposed to be just the TransactionId. However what I see is something like

"TransactionId": "EC-3PJ21959GE64...",

Meanwhile in PayPal this does not line up with the test transaction ID, none of the related IDs show up when checking the JSON of the player_realmoney_purchase.

If I search the EC-3PJ21959GE64... it does not show up in PayPal Activity search either, is there another way to read this value? Where is it coming from? We need a reliable way to link PayPal transactions with game events.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Did you follow the workflow for handling PayPal payments described in this doc:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/commerce/economy/non-receipt-payment-processing ?

15 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

subsoap avatar image subsoap commented ·

Yes. I fully tested the flow and it does work, but I do not know how I am supposed to link PayPal Transaction Ids to PlayFab player_realmoney_purchase events if the IDs don't match up.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan subsoap commented ·

The PayPal Transaction ID will be the TransactionId in the 'player_realmoney_purchase' event, may I know what's the actual PayPal Transaction ID and TransactionId from the event you 're seeing? May I know your title id?

0 Likes 0 ·
subsoap avatar image subsoap Citrus Yan commented ·

Title ID: D1491

https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/D1491/playstream/event-history

Most recent event is player_realmoney_purchase PayPal: 0.10 USD

PlayFab "TransactionId": "EC-3PJ21959GE646194S@@@KC5564RDVV4HY",

PayPal Transaction ID: 35F51354YE373441A

I already refunded the PayPal Transaction to test it, I can try generating more transactions if needed. I'm testing this via the Defold/ Lua version.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.