question

Gustavo Mesel Lobo Seixas avatar image
Gustavo Mesel Lobo Seixas asked

Adding / reading non-editable persistent title data in playfab

Is it possible to add title data that cannot be edited in the Content section of the game manager, and instead only added / read / removed via script?

What I'm trying to do: the game has some events (defined as an array of string codes in Title Data, so I can add or remove events if I want), and every week one of these events will be randomly chosen. Each event has an associated accumulated probability; when an event is chosen, it's accumulator goes to 0, where all others increase. And the chance of a particular event being the chosen one for that week is skewed by their respective accumulators.

So I need to store these accumulators somewhere, and I figured the best way to do so is a title data (since it's not relative to any player nor group of players), however this is not the sort of data that I want to be exposed to edit in the game manager; it is only to be managed internally. Is this behavior possible?

Title Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Assuming you’re the admin of your title/studio, you can create a custom role that have no access to title data edit:

Then assign it to yourself so that you can only view title data from the Game Manager, for more details regarding PlayFab User Roles, please see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/gamemanager/playfab-user-roles

1.png (27.2 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.