question

Gabor Moys avatar image
Gabor Moys asked

Unity 5 + PlayFab latest is not compiling for Windows Store

Hi,

i already posted this question on the old forum but it seems it was lost during the migration.

I have trouble compiling my game for Windows Store/Windows Phone 8.1 with the latest PlayFab Unity SDK with Unity 5(latest).

I would attach the full compile log but i can't so i copy here the relevant part. Also I have Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015(community edition)

-----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/Assembly-CSharp.dll

Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 4.6.0079.0

for C# 5

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

This compiler is provided as part of the Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, but only supports language versions up to C# 5, which is no longer the latest version. For compilers that support newer versions of the C# programming language, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=533240

Assets\PlayFabSDK\Internal\PlayFabHTTP.cs(315,90): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'X509Certificates' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Security.Cryptography' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayFabSDK\Internal\PlayFabHTTP.cs(315,165): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'X509Certificates' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Security.Cryptography' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayFabSDK\Internal\PlayFabHTTP.cs(315,210): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Security' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Net' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

My Game Studio avatar image
My Game Studio answered

hi, the problem does not resolved yet? I have the same build error

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

We posted a fix that fixed this issue for WP8, but it appears we forgot about the Windows Store (WPA),  as a quick fix you should be able to resolve the issue by  Editing the  PlayFabHTTP.cs  file located in  /PlayFabSDK/Internal/   

Search for  !UNITY_WP8  and add    && !UNITY_WSA  to the pre-processor directives.  

This will exclude the unsupported feature from our  Http Client and force  Unity WWW on all  WP8 & WPA devices.

We'll publish this fix in our next release, which is within the next week or two.

**UPDATE**
Unfortunately, we've found in testing that the above fix does not work.  The issue for Windows Store, Windows Mobile (WP8) & Windows Universal App runs deeper than just the HTTP Class and is directly related to the JSON library that we have been using.   We are in the middle of writing a new JSON library that will solve the issues with Windows Mobile platforms.  Sorry we don't have a fix right now, and I will post another update as soon as we have something workable.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.