question

Gabor Moys avatar image
Gabor Moys asked

Unity 5 + PlayFab latest is not compiling for Windows Store

Hi,

i already posted this question on the old forum but it seems it was lost during the migration.

I have trouble compiling my game for Windows Store/Windows Phone 8.1 with the latest PlayFab Unity SDK with Unity 5(latest).

I would attach the full compile log but i can't so i copy here the relevant part. Also I have Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015(community edition)

-----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/Assembly-CSharp.dll

Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 4.6.0079.0

for C# 5

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

This compiler is provided as part of the Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, but only supports language versions up to C# 5, which is no longer the latest version. For compilers that support newer versions of the C# programming language, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=533240

Assets\PlayFabSDK\Internal\PlayFabHTTP.cs(315,90): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'X509Certificates' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Security.Cryptography' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayFabSDK\Internal\PlayFabHTTP.cs(315,165): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'X509Certificates' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Security.Cryptography' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayFabSDK\Internal\PlayFabHTTP.cs(315,210): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Security' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Net' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We'll be updating our Unity SDK next week to resolve the System.Security issue. We'll post here when that's available.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Hi Gabor,

We'll have an announcement out about the new support site tomorrow, but no, nothing will be lost when we're complete. There's a few days' worth of posts that we need to get ported over, but we'll have them soon.

In the meantime, the SDK team is aware of this issue and is looking into it - we'll post here as soon as we have more info.

Brendan

10 |1200

Gabor Moys avatar image
Gabor Moys answered

Thanks for the update!!!

10 |1200

Gabor Moys avatar image
Gabor Moys answered

Hi! Any news on this topic?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Hi again,

We do have an open bug on this issue, and our SDK team is working on an update to resolve the issue. We'll post more info here as soon as it's available.

10 |1200

Gabor Moys avatar image
Gabor Moys answered

Hi,

Do you have estimation when this bug will be fixed or any workaround?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Right now, your best bet for Windows Phone development would be to use our C# SDK directly. The tools team is aware of the issue and has this on their backlog for a fix, but this hasn't been scheduled yet.

10 |1200

Gabor Moys avatar image
Gabor Moys answered

I tried to use it as a plugin for Unity but it's not working neither because the C# SDK targets .net 4.5 and its not supported in Unity.

10 |1200

Gabor Moys avatar image
Gabor Moys answered

How do you see? Is it still possible to get the update this week?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Unfortunately, no - the development tools team is working through items in priority order, but I'm afraid this one will not be completed this week.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.