question

Talha avatar image
Talha asked

Get DeviceInfo from Origination

Hi, I would like to show in the leaderboard whether the player is using android device or Ios Device. I don't want to turn on linked accounts in the client profile options. How can I achieve this using Origination? Any help would be much appreciated. What does AndroidDevice,Android and IosDevice and Ios mean? is there a difference?

What would I get in return if For eg the player is only playing on an apple device and they have linked their facebook account aswell. At first the player used DeviceLogin to log into the his/her account. But after linking facebook to PlayfabAccount now the facebooklogin is used to log into the playfabaccount.

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The Account origination represents where the account comes from. To get this information, firstly turn on the “Origination” in the [Game Manager]->[Your Title]->[Title Settings]->[Client Profile Options], then you can obtain this info through GetLeaderboard API by setting the ProfileConstrains “ShowOrigination” to true in the request body. The possible values of “Origination” can be found in this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/rest/api/playfab/client/account-management/getplayerprofile?view=playfab-rest#loginidentityprovider, there is no value of “Android” or “Ios”.

If the player used DeviceLogin to login his/her account at first, then links to facebook, the “Origination” value will be the type of device that player login with PlayFab.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.