question

Christopher John avatar image
Christopher John asked

Paypal not authenticated after adding "billing_api1.playfab.com" as an authorized third party

I've added "billing_api1.playfab.com" to my Paypal account as an authorized third party for express checkout. I'm still receiving not authorized errors, is there some other authorization that is needed at this time?

Here's the error I'm receiving:

{code: 400, status: "BadRequest", error: "FailedByPaymentProvider", errorCode: 1015,…}

code: 400

error: "FailedByPaymentProvider"

errorCode: 1015

errorDetails: {ProviderErrorCode: ["1"],…}

ProviderErrorCode: ["1"]

ProviderErrorDetails: [null]

ProviderErrorMessage: ["Error: 10002 - Authentication/Authorization Failed"]

ProviderOrderId: [null]

errorMessage: "PlayFab not authorized to perform actions on given PayPal account."

Partner Add-ons
            10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

subsoap avatar image
            subsoap answered

Having the same problem.

"Error: 10002 - Authentication/Authorization Failed"

errorMessage = "PlayFab not authorized to perform actions on given PayPal account."

I did follow the steps to set it up as directed.

Edit: Fixed now. I had to delete the PlayFab option, and then readd it again with express checkout options checked. Now it works. Maybe you forgot to enable express checkout options. Try and redo the addon as well after.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
            Citrus Yan answered

Please check out PayPal's documentation on this subject: Why did I get API error code 10002? It says that the error happens because the credentials are incorrect or invalid, please make sure they are correctly entered, and, if possible, try again. If you believe that you have configured everything properly and still sees this issue, please contact PayPal Customer Service for help.

You may also find this thread helpful: https://community.playfab.com/questions/21686/how-to-resolve-the-playfab-not-authorized-to-perfo.html

10 |1200

Ben Snowden avatar image
            Ben Snowden answered

Hello, I am still having this issue as of OCT 2021 Ive removed and readded billing_api1.playfab.com and Im still getting no luck. Our purchase is happening on the web. This is the error

3 comments
            10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hi, it appears you didn't attach the codes or screenshots successfully. Would you upload it again?

1 Like 1 ·
            Ben Snowden avatar image Ben Snowden Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I apologize, Here is a screen shot of the error.

0 Likes 0 ·
            Ben Snowden avatar image Ben Snowden Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I just found out you cant copy and paste images in oops.

0 Likes 0 ·
            error.png (45.8 KiB)
            Ben Snowden avatar image
            Ben Snowden answered

@SethDu is there any other information that would help?

1 comment
            10 |1200

JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ commented ·

I'd believe you are having the same issue as https://community.playfab.com/questions/57162/playfab-not-authorized-to-perform-action-on-given.html. Our engineering team is working on this. If there is any progress, we will update there.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.