question

Good Guy avatar image
Good Guy asked

PlayStream Events vs WriteTelemetry ?

Can someone clarify this assumption:

We are already successfully recording custom events but after reading about limits and how taxing it is on the PlayStrem, I came to the conclusion these should be changed to WriteTelemetry.

We want to record events that are just for analytics purposes and not "actionable" purposes, (eg: player opened a particular menu, player completed a level, etc)

But I'm having a hard time finding examples of how to write telemetry events and how to view them. Which leads me to doubt my assumption in the first place.

Help?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Firstly, yes, you should use Telemetry events in this case. And, I think this thread can serve as an example of writing telemetry events (in C#):

All events can be found in Event History or PlayFab Explorer. You can even connect external tools to look into your game data, please see these docs for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/insights/insights/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/insights/connectivity/

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Good Guy avatar image Good Guy commented ·

Hi. I finally got around to implementing this. The thread you linked to was helpful once I figured out only the eventContents, name and namespace are needed. (The rest is optional)

I wanted to know though... are we expected to store up several events on the client side and then only send them all in one big batch at longer intervals?

0 Likes 0 ·
Good Guy avatar image Good Guy Good Guy commented ·

What happened to Citrus Yan's answer????

-1 Like -1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.