question

Joshua Scott avatar image
Joshua Scott asked

Legacy Server Upload

Hello all,

I am working on a title that uses a Private Lobby system much like what you would see in games like Apex Legends and Fortnite Once a player logs in they are put into a solo server where they can invite friends or other players before going into a Matchmaking queue with other players. And upon leaving the Matchmaking queue they are put back into their server or make a new one if needed.

Based on some other threads I have read I am planning on Using Matchmaking 2.0 to run the Matchmade games/lobbies and Legacy for the Private Lobbies since it allows 1-player servers.

However I have run into an issue as when I try and upload my Private Lobby Server I am unable to see anything in the Legacy tabs to upload a server, is there any way to request that option as it is the only viable way I can see to allow for the Private Lobby system I am working on.

Thank you!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I'm sorry, but the legacy server hosting service has been deprecated, as it is no longer supported for new titles. I should also point out that the Party service is significantly less expensive than running a server, so it's a much better choice for a Lobby service (if you need server authoritative logic, you could still use Cloud Script). That's actually the design pattern used by a number of games in the service today (using Party for a lobby service).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.