question

Heartman avatar image
Heartman asked

Backfill ticket priority

Hi,

We need to know if and how backfill tickets are prioritized among each other, given the following 2 backfill tickets:

A:

- Rule 1 (optional), weight 10 no match

- Rule 2 (optional), weight 6 match

- Submitted 60 seconds ago

B:

- Rule 1 (optional), weight 10 match

- Rule 2 (optional), weight 6 no match

- Submitted 30 seconds ago

Will:

- A be matched because it is the oldest?

- B because it matches Rule 1 with highest weight?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I need to know more details about your queue settings and am not sure if you have configured correctly for "Optional". May I ask have you set "Second until optional" in the queue? What the time have you set?

If you have set 2 rules and only when 2 are both matched, can a player be matched. It depends on when the rule becomes optional. "Oldest or not" is not related.

0 Likes 0 ·
Heartman avatar image
Heartman answered

I am just after how backfill tickets are prioritized, let's try the following:

A - backfill ticket:

- Rule 1 (optional since 57 seconds ago), weight 10 no match

- Rule 2 (optional since 57 seconds ago), weight 6 match

- Submitted 60 seconds ago

B - backfill ticket:

- Rule 1 (optional since 27 seconds ago), weight 10 match

- Rule 2 (optional since 27 seconds ago), weight 6 no match

- Submitted 30 seconds ago

C - regular ticket

- Rule 1 (optional just now)

- Rule 2 (optional just now)

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

There is no priority comparison in this scenario. Since Rules in A and B are all already optional, C will match with any of them, it should be randomly matched.

0 Likes 0 ·
Heartman avatar image
Heartman answered

Sorry, with (optional) I meant that at that moment Rule1 and Rule2 have become optional for all tickets involved ( that is 2 backfill tickets and 1 regular ticket )

3 comments
10 |1200

What time do you configure in the "Seconds until optional" for those rules separately?

0 Likes 0 ·
Heartman avatar image Heartman Seth Du ♦ commented ·

They are equal, let's say 3 seconds

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Heartman commented ·

That is far shorter than 30s and 60s, which is mentioned in the question. Ticket "A" was submitted 60s ago, and it won't be matched for the first 3 seconds, because Rule 1 is no match. After 3s, all the rules become optional, which means the ticket works like no rules, then it will match directly with anyone.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.