question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

Is it possible to create two accounts on the same iOS or Android device for the same title?

Is it possible to create a new player account with client API AddUsernamePassword if the player has already created an account on this iOS/Android device for the same title before?

Is it necessary to use UnlinkIOSDeviceID/UnlinkAndroidDeviceID on the device before the player can create a second account with client API AddUsernamePassword?

Is it necessary to call LinkIOSDeviceID/LinkAndroidDeviceID immediately after a player has created a new account with client API AddUsernamePassword or is the deviceID automatically linked to this account when I use AddUsernamePassword?

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Client API AddUsernamePassword adds playfab username/password auth to an existing account, it does not create a new player account. Therefore, in your case, have the player log in using its IOS/Android Device Id, then call AddUsernamePassword to add username & password for the account. After that, the player can use both the device id and username/password to log into its account (the same account).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kim Strasser avatar image Kim Strasser commented ·

Is it necessary to call LinkIOSDeviceID/LinkAndroidDeviceID after a player has called client API LoginWithPlayFab on a new device? I want that the player can login afterwards with LoginWithIOSDeviceID/LoginWithAndroidDeviceID on his new device. I don't want that the player always needs to use LoginWithPlayFab on his new device.

Is it possible that a certain Android or iOS DeviceID is simultaneously linked to two different player accounts? I think that it is not possible but I just want to be sure.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Kim Strasser commented ·

>>Is it necessary to call LinkIOSDeviceID/LinkAndroidDeviceID after a player has called client API LoginWithPlayFab on a new device?

Sure, you can do that.

>>Is it possible that a certain Android or iOS DeviceID is simultaneously linked to two different player accounts? I think that it is not possible but I just want to be sure.

No, it cannot be linked to multiple accounts.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.