question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

Automatic logout after specific time?

Hello,

I was testing my game and I realized if I don't do anything in the game (not calling any PlayFab API) for a period of time, it looks like the player automatically logs out. For example; I was testing some features in the inventory, which is not related to PlayFab, for about ~30 minutes. Afterwards, I tried to execute cloudscript but I got error 1123. This thing happened to me more than once. One time I got error 1199, which doesn't look related to my current problem.

I test the game on Unity. Can that be the problem? Because if I leave Unity by itself for a period of time, I sometimes start getting this error on the editor: https://community.playfab.com/questions/37513/playfab-unity-extension-started-giving-me-error.html

Also, is there any time value on PlayFab side that automatically ignores the credential of a player if the player doesn't do any request for a period of time?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

SessionTicket & EntityToken returned by PlayFab are usually valid for about 24 hours, and, PlayFab does not automatically log a player out if it doesn't make any request for a period of time, in your case, 30 minutes. Error code 1199 and 1123 usually indicate that your client is making calls too quickly, could you please check your code and make sure that it’s not making calls too quickly? And it’s safe for you to retry the requests with an exponential delay back-off.

The error you mentioned about the editor is not relevant to this issue as I suppose, based on my experience, you can just close the Editor’s window (else it would keep running in Unity’s editor) when you’re done using it to configure the project, and the error should disappear.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.