question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

Can I delete players so that their display name, username and email can be used for creating new accounts?

Is it possible to delete an existing player account in Cloud Script or Azure Functions so that another player can create a new account with the same display name, username or email after the account was deleted?

Could a player delete his account himself or is it better if I don't allow the players to delete their own account?

What API should be used to delete an account completely?

How long will it approximately take until a new player can use the same display name, username or email to create a new account?

Is it necessary to enable the option "Allow server to delete player accounts" if I want to delete player accounts automatically in Cloud Script or Azure Functions?

Could an unfair player delete another players account if I enable this option?

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Yes, of course. Username and login email address are stored in master player account, hence DeletePlayer API is not enough for other players to reuse them. Admin API call DeleteMasterPlayerAccount will be the API you want. The configuration option in API Features of Game Manager is to enable the permission for Server API to call DeletePlayer. Since DeleteMasterPlayerAccount API is not provided in the Server API, Cloud Script won’t be able to do it. You may need to use Azure function and since both Admin API and Server API are available there, this option in API feature won’t be necessary your requirement. We may keep it unclicked.

Please note that It will take time for the deletion as it is a queued task. Before the process is done, the username/email will be still unavailable.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.