question

rknoesel avatar image
rknoesel asked

xbox live gamer tags from playfab user IDs?

In order to satisfy some cross-play certification requirements, we need to be able to get a list of xbox live gamer tags from playfab user IDs so that we can show up-to-date gamer tags on other consoles.

Does this functionality already exist in PlayFab? I didn't see anything in the PlayFab docs, but I figure I'd ask before spending the time to implement this with a service-to-service call to xbox live.

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

It is not supported in PlayFab that gets the gamertag from PlayFabID. The Gamertag should be resolved from the Xbox User ID in the MPSD document. If the players has linked their Xbox account with PlayFab, their Xbox ID can be retrieved from the account information. You could use GetAccountInfo API to get the Xbox ID.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rknoesel avatar image rknoesel commented ·

Thanks what I figured... thanks for confirming, Junjin.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.