question

giorgiotino avatar image
giorgiotino asked

How do I know when a Leaderboard reset is complete?

When a leaderboard is reset it takes some time for the prize tables to be evaluated, for the players to be granted rewards, for events to be triggered (e.g. players_ranked_on_leaderboard_version), cloudscripts to be executed and for Leaderboard results to be archived.

How do I know that all those operations are over, everyone got their rewards, leaderboard has been archived and everything is complete?

Is there an API call (client or server or admin or whatever), an event or some value I should poll/check/callback that tells me that everything about the previous leaderboard is done and that the new one is fully out and, in case or recurring ones, everyone is ready to start ranking again in the new leaderboard?

Thanks!

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

There is no API to check whether all the operations coming with leaderboard reset are finished or not, they’re all handled by PlayFab servers automatically and you don’t need to worry about that. If issues regarding this ever occurs, please reach to us for help.

For obtaining previous leaderboard’s status, you can use the GetPlayerStatisticVersions API to query the information for each version of a specific statistic, as discussed in this section: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/social/tournaments-leaderboards/using-resettable-statistics-and-leaderboards#when-the-reset-occurs

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.