question

nsgames-alex avatar image
nsgames-alex asked

How do I find the fields to input into RedeemMatchmakerTicket in UE4?

I've followed the quickstart for matchmaking and I've successfully gotten an IP address and port to connect to through GetMatch.

In the server, as far as I understand, I need to call RedeemMatchmakerTicket on AGameMode::Login in order to make sure the player should be there. There are two values to pass in RedeemMatchmakerTicket's request (LobbyID and Ticket) and I can't fully figure out which ones they are since those names don't show up in GetMatch's response.

unrealCustom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

This server API RedeemMatchmakerTicket is designed for the PlayFab legacy servers. It does not apply to the current MatchMaking service. If you are using the new Multiplayer Servers service, you needn’t redeem the matchmaking tickets.

If you want to get the players’ info that in this match. As this documentation -- Integrating with PlayFab Multiplayer Servers, especially this section said, the players’ list can be read in the game by using the GSDK. You can get the players’ Ids in the server via getting this pre-defined variable – InitialPlayers.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.