question

Hernan Caruso avatar image
Hernan Caruso asked

Registres/loggingin + Validations using blueprints

Hi, i cant find documentation for blueprint development, i managed to create a registrer / Login system and its working.

But i can sign in multiple times at once using only one account wich completly ruins the porpouse of the login in first place, at least for my proyect.

Is it possible to validate using blueprints if the user is already loged?

this is what i already did in case someone find it helpfull

https://blueprintue.com/blueprint/uqmtpe0l/

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Here is a document that may help with your project: Quickstart: PlayFab client library for Unreal Engine.

For preventing multiple logins, you can refer to this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/382/206721757-How-to-prevent-duplicate-login-.html

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hernan Caruso avatar image Hernan Caruso commented ·

the quickstart is what i already did, i need more documentation in blueprints to prevent the multiple logins.

the thread is 5 years old and as far as i can tell playfab never implemented a validation for multiple logins in blueprint? No idea what cloud script is or how to implement it

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Hernan Caruso commented ·

You can learn about CloudScript through this document: CloudScript quickstart

There is a function in PlayFab SDK called ExecuteCloudScript, you can find it in blueprint.

The idea is that when the player login in the first place, he uploads a session ticket with a timestamp into the player Internal Data via CloudScript. When the player tried to log in again, the CloudScript should check if there is a session ticket in player Internal Data. If yes, then check how long the player has logged in since last time by using the timestamp saved earlier, if it is short, the player isn’t allowed to login.

Please also refer to Quickstart: Set and get player data to learn about using player data.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.