question

Albertus Ari Kristanto avatar image
Albertus Ari Kristanto asked

News with Claimed Rewards

Hi.

I want to ask something about News System in playfab.

Really wondering is there any workaround to make a news with rewards inside it and prevent user to get it double?

The approach that im thinking is using Json in News content for the rewards, and save news id to player title data when player open the news.

Or r there any better approach for this? Thankyou

Player DataTitle DatadataTitle NewsContent
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

What are the reward? Are they some items, few virtual currencies, or somthing else?

0 Likes 0 ·
Albertus Ari Kristanto avatar image Albertus Ari Kristanto Citrus Yan commented ·

Yup, it's items, VC, and something else.

0 Likes 0 ·
Albertus Ari Kristanto avatar image Albertus Ari Kristanto Citrus Yan commented ·

It's more like mail system. Like player will got a message with some rewards

(Ex : Thanks for join our event, we will give you some reward that can be claimed)

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

This feature is not natively supported by PlayFab, but I think your approach is very close. The key here is that when a player claimed the rewards from a specific news, he may not be able to claim it again. Therefore, saving the NewsId into the player's Readonly/Internal Data (client side cannot change it) once he/she claimed the rewards from a specific news is a feasible solution to me.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.