question

Darius Vu avatar image
Darius Vu asked

How to create the sub member accounts in Playfab?

Dear team,

I want to create the account management using Playfab as below:

- Master account (using by parents): who will create the master account using email/ facebook/ google methods. They can create new sub member accounts for their kids and send an invitation to their kids to login as the member accounts. If a parent logins the app then they can see in the parent mode. And they can control and manage their kids data.

- Member account (using by kids): They will login as the member accounts that are created by parents in their devices and they will play games, create data in this account.

So could you tell me what is the best way to develop the account management as above using playfab?

Thank you so much for support!

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

You can use normal player accounts for your scenario:

1. The parent creates several accounts on his device, one for the master account and the rest for member accounts.
  2. Then in your custom server or CloudScript, you could use server APIs (e.g. UpdateUserInternalData) to save the IDs of members' accounts in the master account.
  3. The kids play the game with member accounts and update data.
  4. When the parent wants to view the data of a member account, you can use server APIs (in your custom server or CloudScript) to validate whether the requesting account ID is a member account ID, if yes then get the data from the member account and send it to the master account.

You can refer to Quickstart: Set and get player data to learn about player data and refer to Player Data Management to check the available data management server APIs.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Darius Vu avatar image Darius Vu commented ·

Thank you so much for your reply. But I am also confusing about the step 1 as you mean above. The parent can create one for the master account using email/ google account/ Facebook account... And how do they create the rest for member accounts? The member accounts should be guest login method?

Because I want that all accounts have one login method. Parents can login their account master accounts) and set up the member accounts in the kid's devices. Then Kids will use the master account without the login required.

And in the step 4, what is the CloudScript you mentioned? You mean Azure CloudScript?

Thank you again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Darius Vu commented ·

I am afraid that having all accounts sharing one login method is currently not supported. You could post a thread in the Feature Request forum.

You can refer to CloudScript quickstart to learn more about CloudScript.

0 Likes 0 ·
Darius Vu avatar image Darius Vu Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Hi Junjin, but we cannot use server APIs with CloudScript, right? So I think that we have to use Azure Function to call Admin APIs for the parent wants to view the data of a member account. Is it your ideas?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.