question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

StoreUpdating/Setting (all options gone from UI)

Kirk.hammond1
started a topic on Sat, 19 September 2015 at 10:00 PM

So I have been prototyping an integration with PlayFab and I have been trying to upload store items from my custom editor. Uploading currencies and catalog items worked fine.

However, I cannot get any combination of SetStoreItems or UpdateStore items to reflect any changes on the web UI, which I am using to verify the results.

Now after the last iteration I tried, the store options are gone from the web UI, essentially presenting a blank screen with no options to create a store or look at current stores.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

5 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Sat, 19 September 2015 at 11:06 PM

Indeed, there seem to be a few issues with your Economy settings, starting with the fact that your virtual currencies are set with codes exceeding two characters ("COINS", for example). Could you let us know what steps you used to set up your currencies, catalog items, and stores?

Brendan

Kirk.hammond1 said on Sun, 20 September 2015 at 8:10 AM

Currently I am uploading everything via the supplied admin proxies. So my upload currently does:

AddVirtualCurrencyTypes

UpdateCatalogItems

SetStoreItems (tried UpdateStoreItems as well, but it doesn't appear it provisions the store in the docs)

I've deleted everything from the UI, fixed the currency code validation in my editor to ensure two characters, and I am going to try push everything up and overwrite that old store. Hopefully this will get everything back into a good state, because even a new title I just created was borked with regard to stores.

Kirk.hammond1 said on Sun, 20 September 2015 at 8:23 AM

No dice. Looks like I am hosed. When you get a chance could you fix / clear out the title data / delete the title / whatever / for "Game" so I can access the stores again. I don't care about any of it, since I can just push a button and push it all up again.

Thanks!

Brendan Vanous said on Sun, 20 September 2015 at 5:27 PM

Hi Kirk,

I've opened a bug for the engineering team to dig into this, but I'm going to have to recommend that you add a title to your Studio in the Game Manager, and just hide this one for now. You can find the option for this in the Edit Game page (click on the drop-down for your title on the Game Manager home page). I'll let you know when we've sorted out the issue with your title.

Brendan

Kirk.hammond1 said on Sun, 20 September 2015 at 6:40 PM

Yeah, thanks, I had already tried that and thought the new title was messed up as well, but it looks like it is fine and will allow me access to the store. I will just use the new title. Thanks.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.