question

Maciek Golec avatar image
Maciek Golec asked

Crossplatform cloud save for a game

Hello, I'm looking for a solution for crossplatform cloud save solution, Playfab seems like an option, but as I look through the pricing https://playfab.com/pricing/ there seems to be 10GB for player profiles, if I understand correctly this is for total data stored by players.

Say, each player have around 3MB of save data, for example we have 100000 users, it means we need to store 300000MB ~= 292,97GB of player data

which would be $396.16 + $99 assuming standard plan.

So, Is there some kind of solution to use playfab in which we could use larger player profile storage or should I look for different solution?

Or can I say use playfab to authenticate console players and connect their accounts and use some other service to get data connected to their account?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There's a dizzying array of options in the online services space. Figuring out which tool to use for your specific case is going to come down to what your requirements are. If 3 MB per player is your save file size, the next question would be, how frequently do you need to read and write it? The data system we provide that would allow for a save that large would be Entity File. The costs for the File system are almost entirely based on the frequency with which you read and write the data, rather than the actual size (you can read more about that in our meter docs and best practices guide). if you plan to read and write it frequently, you may want to use one of the Azure storage systems directly, in order to reduce the total cost.

But yes, however you want to store your data, you can absolutely use PlayFab for auth, as well as many other components - particularly the LiveOps capabilities, so that you can tune your game over time in response to how your players interact with it, and tweak the way your game responds to player behaviors, to keep them engaged.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.