question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

RedeemMatchmaker always return ExpiredGameTicket error

Nc.thien
started a topic on Wed, 29 July 2015 at 3:22 AM

Hi,

I'm trying the custom server with PlayFab.

I can upload and connect to the server successfully (Singapore region).

After a StartGame or Matchmake call from the client, I get a ticket from the response. Then I pass this ticket to the server and call RedeemMatchmaker there. The problem is ExpiredGameTicket error is returned everytime.

When I check on the dashboard, it displays that a player is connecting and this player will be disconnected after sometimes.

I tried manual HTTP Post with Postman with the same result.

Could you guy help me with this ?

Many thanks,

Thien

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

2 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Sun, 09 August 2015 at 2:34 PM

Hi Thien,

My sincere apologies for the delay on this. If you ever don't hear back after a couple of days, please feel free to re-ping us, as we normally respond to everything within a day or two.

The lifetime of the game ticket for matchmaking is two minutes, currently. You should see a parameter named "Expires" in the returned values, giving the specific time. It sounds like you're seeing some pretty significant delays in your network communications, assuming you're attempting to join the server as soon as you get the response. Would it be possible for you to send us a Wireshark capture of one of your test passes?

Brendan

Nc.thien said on Sun, 09 August 2015 at 9:36 PM

Hi Brendan,

I can see the "Expires" field in the response. And yes, I'm attempting to join the server as soon as I get the response.

I attached the the Fiddler log that I got from calling Login, StartGame, and Redeem API with Postman.

It would be nice if you could check it for me.

Thanks,

Thien

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.