question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

Should I use Groups or Shared Groups for the entity rank feature of forthcoming Leaderboard V2?

Hello,

We're going to implement a team system in the game. When the Leaderboard V2 is released, we want to make a leaderboard around teams depending on teams' values (Win Count for example). In the documentation of Leaderboard V2, there is this sentence:

You can now rank other entity types, in addition to Players that v1 supported.

What are considered as "entity types"?

Also, should I use Groups or Shared Groups for my need in the future?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Entities are the most basic addressable "things" that PlayFab APIs operate on, each entity has a Type and an Id which together uniquely identify it. For instance, "title_player_account" is an entity type that represents the player in the most traditional way, and its Id uniquely identifies a player. For now, there are few built-in entity types, which are listed in here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/data/entities/available-built-in-entity-types#service

For your case, you should use Groups in the future, which is based on the new entity model.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image Ozan Yilmaz commented ·

Thank you for the answer

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.