question

Austin Gaudet avatar image
Austin Gaudet asked

Wondering how to GetCatalog DisplayName/Description in Unreal

So I've tried looking around before asking but haven't really seen a proper solution.

Basically what I'd like to do when I populate my store is show the actual name of the item(Display name, not ItemId), get the Description of the item, and then get the cost of it. Currently from what I'm seeing when I query the "GetCatalogItems"(Client) the results will only appear with the ItemId. I'm more than likely doing something wrong, but if there is an example or some guidance to help me figure this out, it'd be extremely appreciated.

Cheers,

Austin

unreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I am not sure why you can only retrieve the item ID, the successful callback from GetCatalogItems contains a variable named “Catalog”, which is an array of PlayFab JSON object. You will need to implement a loop to iterate all items inside.

For each item in the array, it is returned as a PlayFab JSON object, whose property can be seen on: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/client/title-wide-data-management/getcatalogitems?view=playfab-rest#catalogitem. Please note that the property name should exactly match the defined one on documentation when using “get Field” node on Blueprint.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.