question

dev-3 avatar image
dev-3 asked

Insights Credits Pricing: Is Performance Level 1 free?

Hello Playfab team!

I found the Management Insights page and it says Credits per hour of Performance Level 1 is free.
However, my billing summary says the usage of Insights Credits for September is 360.

How much will I pay for the 360 Insights Credits (Performance Level 1) when I migrate to the Standard Plan (Modern Pricing)?

A: Will it be $0, since Performance Level 1 is free according to Management Insights page?

or

B: Will it be (360-25)*0.65 = $217.75, since we have only 25 credits free according to the Pricing Page and every extra credit cost us $0.65?

Thank you!

pricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - in the Insights Management page of the Game Manager (there's also a screenshot showing this in the docs, here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/insights/insights/pricing), the credits per hour for level 1 is 0 (free). Please do bear in mind that it is still possible to exceed the number of included events per second for your level - we do not restrict that, as we don't want you to lose valuable data. Level 1 includes 50 events per second, which is usually plenty for a wide range of games. If you have a very large user base, it's very likely you'll want a higher level in any case, as it determines the resources available for queries in the Game Manager.

You can also choose your retention period, so it's possible to incur costs (Insights Credits) on that as well, if you want to have more data in storage for queries.

For accounts that haven't converted to the consumption pricing model, the billing summary can only show a projection of possible credit usage by the title, since you haven't actually selected a level or retention period yet. If you have a very high level of event traffic, it may be presenting you with what your usage might look like with a higher level than what you ultimately go with.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.