question

janne.mononen@vakigames.com avatar image
janne.mononen@vakigames.com asked

Best way to store global stats for analytic purposes

I'm wondering what would be best way to store some stats to be easily readable in the playfab. I want to store for example total amount of games played by the players, total kills with different hero types, total damage, losses per team etc.

So far I have figured out that I could do this with title entity object or leaderboards? Problem with title entity object is that I can't find a place in the playfab title management webpage to see those objects so is there any easy way to read them without making api requests?

And what about leaderboards? Can they be used for this kind of purpose?

Title Dataanalytics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There is no data system in PlayFab that can be used to aggregate data from (potentially) millions of users in real-time. The way to do this would be to have a process that uses the analytics (Insights) available in PlayFab to query the data on a periodic basis, and update a Title Entity Object or File (or Title Data) with that information. That way, the data is only ever being written from one source.

Alternately, you could aggregate that data in a system that does support real-time aggregation from very large numbers of clients (like Redis), and either read from there in your title or again have a process that pulls that data into one of the title data stores.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.