question

drafx avatar image
drafx asked

"Game server build not found" calling StartGameAsync

I have a server build and I want to verify it can fundamentally start + run etc.

Calling

PlayFabMatchmakerAPI.StartGameAsync

with BuildId 9acbe0... yields

Game server build not found

as an error

Is this API looking for a different type of build ID?

I did notice that there is a "Legacy" section also containing Builds (which is empty) - is this API in the AIISDK actually referring to these obsolete types of build?

5wury.png (6.2 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Yes, the StartGame API is referring to the legacy server system, however, in your case, you’re using the new Multiplayer Server System, with it you can allocate instances of your multiplayer server application using the RequestMultiplayerServer API, for more info, please see:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/allocating-game-servers-and-configuring-vs-debugging-tools

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drafx avatar image drafx commented ·

So does that mean that the AISSDK is unusable for the new API? Is there not a replacement for it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan drafx commented ·

I believe these new APIs are included in the AllSDK, which sdk are you using?

0 Likes 0 ·
drafx avatar image drafx Citrus Yan commented ·

No you're absolutely right - it's PlayFabMultiplayerAPI.RequestMultiplayerServerAsync. Because you linked to the HTTP docs though I thought that might have meant the SDK was obsolete too, but clearly not

With this call I got the server to start successfully, thanks for your help

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.