question

Daniel Marques avatar image
Daniel Marques asked

DeleteCharacterFromUser isn't working

Hi,

I'm trying to find a solution for that for hours now. DeleteCharacterFromUser isn't working and isn't returning anything too.

handlers.DeleteCharacter = function ( args )
{
    var result = server.DeleteCharacterFromUser (
    {
        PlayFabId: currentPlayerId,
        CharacterId: args.CharacterId,
        SaveCharacterInventory: true
    });

// return true;

return {
        "RESULT": result

};
}

Things that I did:

- I replaced DeleteCharacterFromUser to GetFriendsList just for test and it worked.

- I tried to remove some letters from DeleteCharacterFromUser and it didn't work either, without returning an error or anything like that, just like when I'm using the right call.

- I removed CharacterId and SaveCharacterInventory and still didn't received any error message.

So right now doesn't matter what I do I can't make DeleteCharacterFromUser delete the character not even return an error. Looks like it isn't available for my account. =/

Character Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

One thing to clarify, DeleteCharacterFromUser simply returns "200 OK" when it's done, without any "data" payload in it:

{ "code": 200, "status": "OK", "data": {} } 

That's probably the reason why you don't see it returning anything, however you should be able to see the specific character had been deleted successfully.

And, for other issues you mentioned above, may I know your title id so we can investigate further?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Daniel Marques avatar image
Daniel Marques answered

Hi @Citrus Yan, here's my titleID: EEFE2

Even that it isn't returning anything, the user still has the characters in playfab, nothing really worked actually.

1 comment
10 |1200

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

May I know the PlayFab Id of the user in question?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.