question

mihailmadzharovm avatar image
mihailmadzharovm asked

I would ask what is the difference between Player Data (Title) and Player Data (Publisher) ,I would like to ask what is the difference between Player Data (Title) and Player Data (Publisher)

what is the difference between Player Data (Title) and Player Data (Publisher) and should i use PlayerData (Title) to save my game progress or Player Data (Publisher)

What is the difference between Player Data (Title) and Player Data (Publisher) and when i make UpdateUserDataRequest it changes

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sure thing:

Player Data (Title) is stored at the title level. This is the best place to store anything which is specific to the title, like savegame information.

Player Data (Publisher) is stored at the Publisher level - that is, it's stored in a data set which is shared by all your titles. Anything you write here for the player is accessible by all your titles.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andrea-franco avatar image andrea-franco commented ·

Hello, my question is very similar: what's the difference between title data and player data (i'm reading the limits section of the dashboard)

0 Likes 0 ·
Marcus Nixon avatar image Marcus Nixon andrea-franco commented ·

Hi Andrea,

I think your reference to "title data" is the same as Brendan's "Player Data (Title)." Your reference to "player data" is the same as Brendan's "Player Data (Publisher)."

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andrea-franco commented ·

In the classic PlayFab model (so, not the Entity data systems), we have:

Player data: This is player data, player read only data, player internal data, player publisher data, player publisher read only data, player publisher internal data, and shared group data. These are all non-sharded, non-cached data resources, meant for use by one, or a small number of players.

Title data: This is title data, title read only data, and title internal data, as well as publisher data, publisher read only data, and publisher internal data. These are sharded and cached resources, which can be read by all players in the game, but can only be written to by title-level operations that are never the result of a player action.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.