question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

Is it possible to use AddOrUpdateContactEmail in Azure Functions?

I get an error message if I want to use AddOrUpdateContactEmail in my Azure function.

var request = new AddOrUpdateContactEmail();

The type or namespace name 'AddOrUpdateContactEmail' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I want to update the players contact email address automatically with his/her login email address after the player created a new recoverable account.

Is it possible to use AddOrUpdateContactEmail in Azure Functions?

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

[Edited] As this thread clarified, we don't suggest to call Client API on Azure Functions. Because the Client API's calling has a relatively low-rate limit, which is currently enforced by IP Address. If you call this method on the server-side, you would rapidly exceed the limit. We still suggest calling Client API only on clients.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kim Strasser avatar image Kim Strasser commented ·

What exactly is this limit? Can a player only make a specific amount of client API in Azure Functions per day/hours?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.