question

Kim Strasser avatar image
Kim Strasser asked

SendAccountRecoveryEmail always sends an email to every player email address

I use an Azure function for password recovery and I call SendAccountRecoveryEmailAsync to send an email(from template) to the player.

Is it normal that PlayFab automatically sends the same recovery email to the players login email address and the players contact email address?

I have tried to call the Azure function with the players login email address and then PlayFab sends a recovery email to both email adresses. The same thing happens if I call the Azure function with the players contact email address, it sends two emails.

Does it matter which PlayFab recovery email the player uses to recover his password?

Azure function code:

string emailaddress = "";
if (jsonDict.TryGetValue("PlayerEmail", out emailaddress))
{
    log.LogInformation(emailaddress);
}

var request = new SendAccountRecoveryEmailRequest();
request.EmailTemplateId = "92F8DABB6183A281";
request.Email = emailaddress;
return await adminAPI.SendAccountRecoveryEmailAsync(request);
Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Would you check the Event History or Explorer? Are there duplicated email_sent event? The email should be sent to Contact Email Address only.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kim Strasser avatar image Kim Strasser commented ·

There is only one email_sent event. Today, I created a new player account and I use two different email addresses for login email and contact email and now it works normally. I only receive one recovery email on the player contact email address. I don't know what I did wrong the last time.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.