question

jamestrubridge avatar image
jamestrubridge asked

PS4 GetFriendLeaderboard not returning any friends

Hi,

We are using PlayFab cross-platform and it's working well with logging in, recording stats + viewing general leaderboards on both Xbox One + PS4.

When I try and make GetFriendLeaderboard or GetFriendLeaderboardAroundPlayer calls on PS4, the leaderboard returned only returns the active player, and not any of their friends.

On Xbox we provide the XboxToken to these calls and the Xbox users + their friends are returned successfully. Is there something I'm missing when doing PS4? The normal 'full' leaderboards are all coming back OK, it's just the friend ones which aren't.

Player DataLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Currently, PlayFab supports getting friends’ ranking from these linked accounts -- Facebook, Steam, and Xbox. Getting PS friends’ leaderboard hasn’t been supported yet.

Due to players can retrieve PlayFab friends’ ranking using GetFriendLeaderboard. The possible workaround is to add these PS friends as the PlayFab friends for players. You can use this API GetPlayFabIDsFromPSNAccountIDs to retrieve players’ PlayFabIds using their PSN account Ids. Then you can use this API AddFriend to add these friends as the player’s PlayFab friends.

Besides, you can try to add a feature request for this API to add the supports for PS friends.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Marc Audouy avatar image Marc Audouy commented ·

Ok, will do, it's a bit unwieldy but it shouldn't take long.

0 Likes 0 ·
Domagoj Šalković avatar image
Domagoj Šalković answered

A bit related because we are struggling with some stuff;

We are trying to get the OnlineID for other players displayed in the leaderboard after using the GetLeaderboard; The only way to do this is to add the players as friends through code first if I understand your solution correctly;

Is the PSN OnlineID regarded as PII (sensitive information)? And adding the players as friends to get this data seems a bit sketchy, just want to make sure I'm not getting any data from the players that I shouldn't be able to get; This is possible through linking PSN account with Playfab and also setting the ClientOptions to be able to retrieve the LinkedAccounts(this is in the sensitive data section), so I don't want to do something that isnt' safe for the user in the end;

Is there a safe way to get the PSN OnlineID for players that are not in your friends list?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.