question

jrmcdona avatar image
jrmcdona asked

Can somebody point me into the direction how I could set up MIssions of a couple of activities. Once completed I can reward the player?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

May I know more details about your scenario? In general, you can use Statistics or Player Readonly/Internal Data to keep track of the progress of a player’s mission, once a player has completed a mission, he can claim the reward by sending a request to the server side (this can be done using CloudScript ), which does some validations and grant the reward if that player is qualified.

Furthermore, you can also use segmentation to automate the process, once a player entered a segment you define. For example, its statistic has reached to a value which indicates that he/she has completed a mission, then run some Actions, for instance, through executing a CloudScript function which performs some rewarding logic.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jrmcdona avatar image jrmcdona commented ·

@Citrus Yan I am trying to do a very simple and generic proof of concept and create a recipe for it.

1. Create a Mission called - "Mission A"

2. To complete this Mission the user needs to do "Activity 1" "Activity 2" Activity 3"

3. "Activity 1" is worth 5 points

4. "Activity 2" is worth 10 points

5. "Activity 3" is worth 15 points

6. "Mission A" - once completed the user will be rewarded "Reward A"

In the Game Manager - where do I store this Mission and the Mission activities?

Is the Mission a catalog or Title data?

Once I get the Mission configured in Game Player. Then I can figure out how to track mission completion.

THanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan jrmcdona commented ·

There is no such concept called "Mission" in PlayFab, using Statistics to track mission progress as mentioned before would be a feasible way.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.