question

Nithin avatar image
Nithin asked

Prize tables are not rewarding instantly after reset

I'm using leaderboards that reset on daily basis and reward players after reset happens. I'm calling GetUserInventory API once leaderboard resets(displaying remaining time to reset in game) to get information on virtual currency and it is returning 0. When i tried calling API again, it displays correct result. So, only the players who are in game when remaining time becomes 0 might feel bad. Why does the rewarding doesn't happen instantly along with the leaderboard version change?? Need a way to solve this..

apisLeaderboards and StatisticsIn-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Since the rewarding prize table would be triggered after leaderboards are reset. And it's the batch operation. It will inevitably have a little delay.You can consider extending the timer, adding some automatic retry mechanisms to the clients to make sure the data updates on the clients.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Could you please provide the exact application scenario? Could you please descript that why the players in game would feel bad when remaining time becomes 0?

1 comment
10 |1200

Nithin avatar image Nithin commented ·

Hi @Sarah Zhang, thanks for the reply and sorry for being unclear. So, in my game i'm displaying remaining time for leaderboard reset and once it becomes 00:00:00 ((i.e) when reset happened), i'm calling GetUserInventory to get information on rewarded virtual currency for the player and it's showing 0 currency. If the player exits and restart the game, (i.e API gets called again), then it's able to get currency value properly..Not sure why it's happening..

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.