question

faraz avatar image
faraz asked

Is there a way to query for a particular google account in GameManager?

I am trying to find a particular player with his google account name. But I am unable to do so because the Linked Accounts is a nested data and its mentioned under notes that "Nested properties cannot be directly searched.". I also noticed you guys have drop support for Snowflake and made your own event history and explorer system. Is there a way I can find a particular player from there? If so can you please provide a code example or steps to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Player Datagame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

You can use this API GetPlayFabIDsFromGoogleIDs to retrieve the players’ PlayFabIds via their GoogleIds, then you can query the PlayFabId in the Game Manager. Currently, this API GetPlayFabIDsFromGoogleIDs only provides the Client API, so you may need to register a Player account to invoke it.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

faraz avatar image faraz commented ·

Is there a way I can find them by google account ID like example@gmail.com?

0 Likes 0 ·
faraz avatar image faraz commented ·

GetPlayFabIDsFromGoogleIDs is not working getting this problem here

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang faraz commented ·

PlayFab doesn't support using the Google login email to retrieve the PlayFabId. The GoogleId means the Id displays here.

0 Likes 0 ·
hpkbw.png (27.4 KiB)
faraz avatar image faraz Sarah Zhang commented ·

That's the dilemma the only way I can get google ID is by viewing the player profile, which I am trying to find in the first place. So really the GetPlayFabIDsFromGoogleIDs call doesn't help me out. Is there a way I can query for this in the GameManager?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.