question

Wayne avatar image
Wayne asked

Global Data for Player Contribution,Global data that players contribute to...

I am creating a game where players attempt to fetch coins in order to contribute to total coins collected by the community at large. For example, if PlayerA plays the game and gets 10 coins during their run and then PlayerB plays and receives 60 coins. They would be able to view that the total contribution is 70 coins (10 + 60). Is there a way to do this using global variables in playfab?

I am creating a game where players play for a shared goal. In my case it is catching coins during the game which contribute to the global coins grabbed. For example, say player A plays the game and gets 10 coins and then player B plays later on separate machine and receives 50 coins. They would be able to see the total community contribution as being 60 coins received so far. How could I do this with playfab?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab currently doesn’t have a queued update mechanism, which means multiple writes can cause problems at the same time. You may need an external database for the cache and queue feature.

Otherwise, if you generate custom events and conclude the change value in the context for each update. You may use PlayFab Explorer to calculate the total value via advanced KQL query. However, PlayStream events have 30 days retention, you may need to Event Export feature or Webhook to store them externally if necessary.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.