question

Ben R. avatar image
Ben R. asked

Player Search isn't working for Kongregate Players

Pretty much title. For a concrete example: In my game/title (E82C) searching for 'ScaryBee' (me) returns nothing but searching for my full PlayFab ID (F71AC54DB5CFB4EC) works and shows the Kongregate ID correctly as ScaryBee.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Okay, player search now works across all usernames (ours and integrated third parties) and IDs, as well as email addresses. Let us know if you're still seeing any issues. Thanks!

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ben R. avatar image Ben R. commented ·

Thanks Brendan, good improvement! Unrelated issue - I didn't get any sort of notification that you'd posted here despite 'following' the question/issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Ben R. commented ·

We updated the email used for notifications yesterday, but it should be working. The AnswerHub tests show green, and I'm receiving the emails myself. Did you get this one? If not, I can have the AnswerHub team check on this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ben R. avatar image Ben R. brendan commented ·

Hi, I didn't get anything ... double checked in spam but nothing there either.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We're in the process of updating our updated Elasticsearch-based player search mechanism to be able to look for Kongregate IDs as well. We'll update as soon as this is complete.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.