question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Can't use gmail

inesmoital
started a topic on Wed, 15 April 2015 at 11:51 AM

I'm trying to use my Gmail account to put as email when creating a new user, however I'm the error:

Error

Email is invalid.

Is this a bug?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

8 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 15 April 2015 at 1:18 PM

Hi Ines,

As far as we know, any valid email address should work fine. What's the email address you're trying to use?

Brendan

inesmoital said on Wed, 15 April 2015 at 1:49 PM

ines.moital@gmail.com

I also tried to change it in the gamemanager but the problem is the same.

Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 15 April 2015 at 2:19 PM

Ah, I see - I thought you meant another Gmail account that you have. Your own email address is already registered to an account, so you can't re-use it within the same Publisher ID space (which defaults to the PlayFab space without a specific Publisher ID). Where are you seeing this error, by the way? If you try using RegisterPlayFabUser with an existing email address, the error you'll get is EmailAddressNotAvailable, with a detail string of "Email address already exists", while if you try registering an account on the PlayFab site with an existing email address, you'll get an "Email already registered" error.

inesmoital said on Wed, 15 April 2015 at 2:23 PM

I'm seeing this error when the user is already register and I try to change the email in the gamemanager.

By the way this means that I cannot have a user register with my email address? Because right now I have no player register with that email address.

Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 15 April 2015 at 5:56 PM

No, the issue is that there's an existing account with your email address - you can use that account to sign into your game, no problem.

inesmoital said on Wed, 15 April 2015 at 6:06 PM

Hi Brendan, I've checked again and none of the accounts on the gamemanager are using this email. At least none that I can see

Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 15 April 2015 at 6:09 PM

Hi again,

I literally mean your account - the one you use to sign into the Game Manager. The only reason it's not showing up in the Player list for your title is because you haven't signed into your title using it. I'll email you the PlayFab ID for the account in question.

Brendan

inesmoital said on Wed, 15 April 2015 at 6:13 PM

Ah! Ok I get it now. Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.