question

fatmatekin avatar image
fatmatekin asked

EvaluateRandomResultTable returns old items in drop tables,EvaluateRandomResultTable returns old items

Hi,

I've updated the catalog items and the drop tables attached to them. But I still get the old items from the drop tables which does not contain those items at all. Am I missing one step in between?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, the EvaluateRandomResultTable API call uses the same code under the covers that is run when you give a player a bundle or unlock a container which references the same Random Result Table ID. What is the Title ID that you're testing, and what are the Catalog and Item IDs?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fatmatekin avatar image fatmatekin commented ·

We've had this issue in Title ID: 21FE. On Friday, I have updated the Item IDs in Catalog/Creatures and added new Drop Tables which then should do the evaluation on the updated Creature list. We do not have this issue anymore, the API call returns the correct IDs. Is there a certain update time? Should we take this into account when we do similar updates next time?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan fatmatekin commented ·

Can you give me the specific repro steps for what you're doing? I just created a drop table in my own test Title ID with two possible items. I then called EvaluateRandomResultTable to get a "draw" from it. I then changed my drop table to remove those two items and add to others, so that there could be no overlap. Once I saved that, I immediately called EvaluateRandomResultTable on that table again, and got one of the new items.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.