question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

How to get leaderboard around specific players?

Hello,

I will make a team/crew system in the game. I am not sure if I should use Groups or Shared Groups, but it looks like Shared Groups is more appropriate than Groups since I can get PlayFab IDs of the members of a Shared Group.

I want to show a leaderboard around the team/crew members. I have all the PlayFab IDs of the members. How can I do this?

If there is no way to do this without using many API calls, is there any plan to implement GetLeaderboardAroundSharedGroup or GetLeaderboardAroundGroup functionality in the future?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

In the current leaderboard system, there is no efficient way to do this other than making many API calls. You can make a feature request about implementing GetLeaderboardAroundSharedGroup or GetLeaderboardAroundGroup in the forum: https://community.playfab.com/spaces/24/index.html. Or, wait for our improved leaderboards ( currently in private preview) to come out, where you can have many more functionalities than the current system, which should handle your scenario quite well.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.