question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

Does this affect the bill?

Hello,

There is a menu in our game where the players can see the leaderboards. I call GetLeaderboard function in the game when the player clicks the leaderboard menu. I was wondering what happens if a player constantly clicks the leaderboard menu and go back to the main menu and click the leaderboard menu again? Basically, it is like calling GetLeaderboard function constantly. Does it affect our bill?

I get the first 100 players in every GetLeaderboard function call.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Every distinct API call to the PlayFab service is going to hit a meter somewhere, as it is consuming resources. The leaderboard calls hit the Profile Read meter (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/meters/profile-reads). So, yes, each call, by each player, to read the leaderboard will spin that meter per KB returned. Our recommendation would be to throttle the frequency with which players can hit API calls, wherever you have a button in your game that allows a player to make the call directly.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.