question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

How to return display names by PlayFab IDs?

Hello,

I want to return display names of a group of members on Cloudscript by using their PlayFab IDs. Simply, I get the PlayFab IDs by calling GetSharedGroupData on Cloudscript in order to see who are the members of a specific group. Afterwards, I need to return the member's display name to the client.

All the shared group APIs are blocked to clients due to some authorization, and everything is done on Cloudscript.

Is it possible to get the members' display name from a shared group by calling only 1 API? I can get their display name one by one but that increases the number of API call. Because as the number of members increases, the number of API call increases.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

I’m afraid that there is no such API you required. However, there is a way to workaround this, as you are using Cloudscript:

1. Every time a player joins the shared group, you pass the player’s display name (paired with his PlayFab ID) onto shared group data using Update Shared Group Data API.
  2. Then you can get the display name data using Get Shared Group Data. But you probably need to parse the data.
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image Ozan Yilmaz commented ·

I guess, that is my only way. Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.