question

morphus@heartforgames.com avatar image
morphus@heartforgames.com asked

ClientAPI security, which called is allowed by default?

If I have unchecked everything under title/api features. Can I assume the only action a clientAPI call can do is Link/Unlink/Register account?

For security reason, I want the user to be able to Register an account, link and unlink auth method. All other function should be perform server side.

Can you confirm it would be the case?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

No. Unchecking everything under Title/API Features only disables specific APIs for client since these APIs allow client to cheat.

If you want to disable other client APIs, you can go through this document: API access policy, to setup your API access policy.

If you are looking for a whitelist for Client API access, you can checkout this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/43440/whitelist-for-client-api-access.html

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

No. Unchecking everything under Title/API Features only disables specific APIs for client since these APIs allow client to cheat.

If you want to disable other client APIs, you can go through this document: API access policy, to setup your API access policy.

In Addition, if you want a whitelist for Client API access, you can checkout this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/43440/whitelist-for-client-api-access.html

0 Likes 0 ·
morphus@heartforgames.com avatar image morphus@heartforgames.com Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

I've try to create an API Policy this way

The code work. but the function LoginWithCustomID is not allowed, seem the Deny All overwrite previous allow.

Is there a way to Deny All, except what you want to allow?

And beside listing them one by one, is there a way to do something like pfrn:api--/Client/Login* to allow all Login command?

Thank

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ morphus@heartforgames.com commented ·

I think you should remove the policy below instead of replacing the “Allow” with “Deny” in “Effect”.

{
      "Resource": "pfrn:api--*",
      "Action": "*",
      "Effect": "Allow",
      "Principal": "*",
      "Comment": "The default allow all policy"
    },

Once removed, it will restrict all client API by default, then you can add the allow policy to allow the APIs as you desire.

Yes, you can add things like pfrn:api--/Client/Login* in the “Resource” to allow all APIs whose name begin with “Login”

0 Likes 0 ·
morphus@heartforgames.com avatar image morphus@heartforgames.com commented ·

Yes it work fine, thank you :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.