question

joerg-miethe avatar image
joerg-miethe asked

How to handle web crawler

hi everyone,

regulary I find a lot of logins into my game from some country at the same second...

other developer think that could be web crawlers... ?

Now I'm deleting them by Hand, but the amount is rising...

I want to build a rule to delete those... like logIn but no Display name after 15 seconds delete masterPlayer .... or something equal....

You've got any best practice on this...

Thanx

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Please understand that PlayFab is usage-based pricing model, and if your title has launched, it is not specified on the limit amount of player accounts. If possible, tracking those bots account to see if there is any other behavior will be necessary to determine the priority.

My suggestions to check the login related PlayStream Events first to know how those accounts are created, if they were using the login methods that your client didn’t provide, set up API Policy to deny the corresponding APIs. Even though it won’t solve this issue completely, it can be a temporary solution.

The recommended workaround is to add tags for players when using your official clients to initialize player account. After the creation, you may add tags for those players who have input DisplayName in time (Set a timer on your client) or other necessary configuration (tags are added via Cloud Script/Azure function). You may also add a Segment to categorize the players who don’t own this tag via configuring “Tag” “is not” in the filter field. This segment will continue to refresh but there is delay. Then create a Scheduled Task and select “Run action on each player in a segment” with the ACTIONS “Delete Player”.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

joerg-miethe avatar image
joerg-miethe answered

great :-) exact what I was looking for. just implemented the Tag solution

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.