question

yusuke avatar image
yusuke asked

ue4 Login with Apple ID

Is it possible to create a new Playfab account with an Apple ID using the Login with Apple node?

In that case, how should I connect the nodes? If this is the case, the error code "1000" will appear and it will fail. Also, when testing this, will the correct response not come back unless I test it on the iPhone? Thank you!
loginwithapple.jpg (83.7 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Have you read the documentation on: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/authentication/platform-specific-authentication/apple-open-id?PlayFab will verify the identity token with Apple server on the backend, and this error simply indicates the verification is failed. Have you configured the Apple plugin on the Add-Ons page of PlayFab?

I am not familiar with getting Apple identity token on Unreal Engine 4, please also find dedicated help from Unreal Engine community. You may be also interested in: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Platforms/Mobile/iOS/Provisioning/index.html

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yusuke avatar image yusuke commented ·
Please tell me the cause.I beg you please.
0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ yusuke commented ·

Sorry for the late response. We have been trying to reproduce this issue and discussed with team. Since we are not expert on iOS and OpenID Connection. PlayFab will simply validate the token with Apple. The error is not defined by PlayFab. I will suggest to contact Apple developer support to analyze the JWT token for you.

Basically there are two ways to implement Apple sign-in on PlayFab. The Apple Plugin on Add-ons page will be a preferred one. However, you may also define Open-ID connection in Title Settings and use LoginWithOpenIdConnect API for login. The configuration of project on Apple is different. You may refer to https://community.playfab.com/questions/43652/sign-in-with-apple-cross-platform.html. If you have trouble with Plugin, you can try the previous Open ID Connection.

0 Likes 0 ·
yusuke avatar image yusuke Seth Du ♦ commented ·
Thanks for the reply.
I tried the other method, but it failed.
Similarly, token authentication seems to fail.

By the way, if JWT is correct, "Login with Apple" will work with this node construction method, right?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
yusuke avatar image
yusuke answered

When I put the token created according to the apple document in the identity token, I get "1089" and "Signature validation failed. Unable to match keys".

10 |1200

yusuke avatar image
yusuke answered

Yes. The settings should be completed according to this document. I think that HEADER and PAYLOAD included in JWT match, but for some reason the verification fails. It's a test app, but is it safe to have a look at the contents of the JWT here?

1 comment
10 |1200

Santiago Rollheiser avatar image Santiago Rollheiser commented ·

Hi @yusuke, i have the same problem. Are you find some solution for that or make work the flow? My problem is with the IdentifyToken, im was genetared a JSON Valid but always give me a error.

Thx

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.