question

Philip Alexander Prates Machado avatar image
Philip Alexander Prates Machado asked

A complete blueprint for playfab matchmaking using unreal

So i decided to give back to the community and post a complete blueprint for playfab matchmaking using unreal, it supports party matchmaking with STEAM but you can use it for 1 player matchmaking without steam.

To any playfab staff seeing this, i dont need help haha.

i wont explain it because it is too long but the it is fairly easy to understand.

While it is not the best looking BP and probably still has some bugs i am sure it will speed up ur development process at least a few weeks.

https://blueprintue.com/blueprint/t9xeajj9/

People from playfab, if you want to stick this in a tutorial somewhere or just a page with a reference i dont mind giving u some actual screenshots of the thing, just let me know.

Hope it helps.

unreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Thanks for sharing this with the community:)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tbrooks27 avatar image
tbrooks27 answered

This is very helpful thank you, one question though, how do you send the ticket ID to the other players within your lobby in order to have them join the ticket so that you aren't stuck in "waitingforplayers" forever?

1 comment
10 |1200

Philip Alexander Prates Machado avatar image Philip Alexander Prates Machado commented ·

Haven't touched this in a while, but if i remember corretly i do this with steam lobbies, theres some data that you can set and i think i set it when the player joins, when the leader clicks start then it just fetches the data and uses it. Check steam docks for parties/loobies and let me know if you have any more questions.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.