question

Lorenzo Sani avatar image
Lorenzo Sani asked

Execute Cloud Script upon Matchmaking match found

Hey,

What would be the best way to execute a cloud script for every match that is created using matchmaking? I don't need to execute the script for every player matched, but just once for every match found.

More context: In my game each player is assigned to a 'world' as soon as they register, together with a fixed number of other players. I use matchmaking to do that. However, I now need a way to 'remember' which player is in which world and to manipulate that information flexibly (e.g. don't think Matchmaking allows for a new player to be added to an existing match). I was thinking to use a Cloud Script to move info from the match itself to a Group of players and its Entity Object. But how can I run that Cloud Script for each match that has been found?

CloudScriptMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Currently, PlayFab doesn’t support using such “Match_Found” events to trigger a CloudScript function. You can try to add a feature request for this feature that adding supports of “Match_Found” events in the PlayFab Webhooks and PlayFab Rule. Temporarily, this action needs be triggered by players.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.