question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Bug when creating an account if the first try was matching an existing user name

he2
started a topic on Mon, 23 March 2015 at 2:43 PM

Hello,

I use C++ marmalade a few libs to post/format json on a playfab test server. I made several tests and I can create, use, modify, link any account without any problem. The json code is correctly send and the responses are always received.

But, recently, i've try many other tests, and I found a very strange problem that happend randomly. Here is what I'm doing :

1. I try to create an account with the name of an existing user (username : test01)

2. I receive the code error [400 - User already exist] and it's of course the expected answer

3. Now I can send any username, even 'xcfvgfrtgg123' and the answer is always the same message : error [400 - User already exist]

I've trace the http requests and the json send is correct, but playfab server always return 'user already exists' if the first request is made with an existing username. And more strange, if I try several times, suddenly for no reason, the user name is accepted and a [200 : session id] is returned. This bug does not always happend, did anyone here already experienced such a problem ?

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

3 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 24 March 2015 at 8:41 AM

No, this is the first time we've heard of anyone seeing something like this. Also, in my own testing, I'm unable to reproduce this - when I send an existing Username in as part of a Register call, I get back the User already exists error, but then if I immediately send another with a unique Username, it works fine. Are you using our Windows C++ SDK? Can you send a repro that shows this behavior to devrel@playfab.com?

Thanks,

Brendan

he2 said on Mon, 30 March 2015 at 12:45 PM

Hello, i've try many times with the same source code but i couldn't reproduce this bug. I just had to rebuild the whole project (clean + build) to solve this very strange problem... Anyway thanks for your help.

Brendan Vanous said on Mon, 30 March 2015 at 1:40 PM

Glad to hear it's resolved for you, though you're right that it does seem odd. Please do let us know if you run into this again at any point.

Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.