question

kova avatar image
kova asked

Logs and output files display empty browser page

Hello.

I'm having trouble getting any logs or output files from our photon servers. We have a photon server, started by another process that parses command line arguments. I stopped the active game, and I got a dialog saying logs will get saved.

When I try to get the logs or output files from an archived game, e.g. on

https://developer.playfab.com/en-us/ACAC/servers/archived-games/3961A85BF88CD8D2/log

I get an empty page. If I turn on browser console I can see the error "NetworkError: 404 log does not exist". What does that mean? Is log output dir wrongly configured or is it an internal error, since no friendly output message is displayed?

Also, when I stop the active game, I don't really see it among archived games, but I do see some archived games.

The whole thing is kind of confusing, since the tutorial about custom servers says I need to exit game process for logs to be available.

In short, my questions are:
1. what does it mean when empty page is displayed on trying to get the logs?
2. can I terminate an active game (through game manager) and get its logs?
3. after I terminate an active game, will it be available in archived games? If so, is there a delay?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

A blank page when you click on the log link means that no log file is available. There are three possible causes:

1. The log file is huge, and the session only just ended. It may take a minute before the log file is in S3.

2. The server did not write the log file out to the correct place (passed in as log_file_path - which is not something you can specify, as the path generated by our service is where the game wrangler will look for the file).

3. The server host was terminated via the Servers->Servers tab. If the host machine is halted, we cannot get the log files from the individual game server instances. If you terminate only the instance via Servers->Active Games, the log file will be captured, if it exists.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.